Mechanical engineering is the discipline that applies engineering, physics, engineering mathematics, and materials science principles to design, analyze, manufacture, and maintain mechanical systems. It is one of the oldest and broadest of the engineering disciplines. Mechanical engineers design, develop, build, and test. They deal with anything that moves, from components to machines to the human body. Mechanical engineering is an inevitable part of the industrial establishment, the most versatile branch and where the students find global opportunities with lucrative pay & packages. There is an increasing demand for the mechanical engineers in core areas like manufacturing, robotics, automotive/transportation and air conditioning. Mechanical engineering has interdisciplinary association with the areas like nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, environmental and bio-medical fields. The mechanical engineering field requires an understanding of core areas including mechanics, dynamics, thermodynamics, material science, structural analysis, and electricity. In addition to these core principles, mechanical engineers use tools such as computer aided design (CAD), computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and product life cycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems, aircraft, watercraft, robotics, medical devices, weapons and other. It is the branch of engineering that involves the design, production, and operation of machinery. Mechanical engineering can design and develop everything on thinks of as a machine –from bicycles to supersonic fighter jets. To meet the above requirements the institute is well equipped with the modern laboratories. The department of mechanical engineering was established in the year 2018. At present, the department offered Graduate Degree program. The department has highly experienced and dedicated faculties as per AICTE norms. Fully furnished and well equipped laboratories and full-fledged workshop. A number of apparatus and equipment have been designed and fabricated in-house to suit the need of experiments and to make the principles easier to be grasped by the students.
Mechanical means mechanisms of machines. According to the Oxford Dictionary, a Mechanical engineer is a person skilled in Design, Production and Maintenance or repairs of machines. It is a discipline in which mathematics and sciences are blended with experience and judgment for the production of useful serviceable goods with economy of material. Mechanical engineers deal with design & manufacturing of machines and processes. Typical machines are automobiles, aircrafts, and ships, equipments in industries, robotics, medical equipments, agricultural equipments and Processes like power generation, food preservation, and production of sugar, cement, steel, engines, textile & fabrics. Mechanical engineers use these core principles along with tools like computer-aided engineering and product lifecycle management to design and analyze manufacturing plants, industrial equipment and machinery, heating and cooling systems, transport systems. There is a tremendous requirement of Mechanical Engineers every year in the fields like Manufacturing, Testing, Design, Forging, Automobile, Energy sector, Software Development, ERP, PLM, SAP, CAD / CAM, CAE etc. This only goes to indicate that, as in past, Mechanical Engineering discipline will continue to offer lucrative jobs for many more years to come, hence probably termed as an evergreen branch of Engineering.
- UG Program –B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Four Year B. E. Course
- Year of starting - 2018
- Sanctioned intake -60
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
1. Preparation: To strive for overall personality development of students so as to nurture not only quintessential technocrats but also responsible citizens and to steer the organization towards becoming a pace setting centre of excellence. The scheme of Mechanical Engineering is designed considering the important fields of study and market requirement. This structure is a unique combination of Basic sciences, humanities and core competency. The various subjects are introduced at various levels considering the prerequisites of the subjects as well as skill level of the students.
2. Core Competence: To educate students with the fundamentals of engineering sciences, basic Mechanical engineering, mechanical design and analysis to improve their overall engineering skills so that graduates will able to design mechanical systems containing functionality, aesthetics, safety, cost effectiveness and sustainability.
3. Breadth: To impart students with the skills for the design, improvement and installation of integrated systems of Men, material and machine for the social & national cause.
4. Professionalism: To inculcate the value systems & ethics, leadership and team work skills, bring holistic development of personality and to promote entrepreneurial thinking among students.
5. Learning environment:Democratic learning environment that develops confidence and stimulates innovative thinking for successful professional career.
6. Creating a Dream: To make every student dream. Dream about a government /private sector job or dream about higher studies or dream about becoming an entrepreneur.
7. Employment avenues: As per the fast changing global trend and demand, to make the students aware and assist for offering employment in various sectors.
Program Outcomes (PO)
1. An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
2. An ability to design and conduct experiments as well as to analyze and interpret data.
3. An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability 4. An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams.
5. An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
6. An understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
7. An ability to communicate effectively.
8. The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
9. The recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
10. The knowledge of contemporary issues.
11. An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Key laboratories in the department are –
- Fluid Power Lab.
- Strength of Materials Lab.
- Theory of Machines Lab.
- Heat Transfer Lab.
- CAD/CAM Centre
- Mechatronics Lab.
- Internal Combustion Engines Lab.
- Thermal Sciences Lab.
- Refrigeration And Air Conditioning Lab
- Engineering Metallurgy Lab.
- Metrology and Quality Control Lab.
- Automobile Engineering Lab.
|Name in Full||Designation||Contact No|
|Prof. Shashibhushan V. Mishra||Head of the Department -CSEfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Donec suscipit rhoncus est, vitae pretium purus laoreet et. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Sed iaculis risus felis, sit amet porta urna volutpat vel. Integer vestibulum, neque a condimentum fermentum, est nunc tincidunt nunc, eget sagittis turpis elit nec arcu. Curabitur tempus mauris vitae dignissim vehicula. Fusce vehicula malesuada aliquam.