Computer Science & Engineering is a branch of engineering that integrates several fields of computer science and electronic engineering required to develop computer hardware and software. Computer engineers usually have training in electronic engineering (or electrical engineering), software design and hardware–software integration instead of only software engineering or electronic engineering. Computer engineers are involved in many hardware and software aspects of computing, from the design of individual microcontrollers, microprocessors, personal computers, and supercomputers to circuit design. This field of engineering not only focuses on how computer systems themselves work, but also how they integrate into the larger picture. The department of Computer Science & Engineering was established in year 2010. At present, department offers Graduate degree course. The rapid development in the Computer field in areas like networking, multimedia and the internet have created vast job opportunities in the computer sector. This sector is witnessing the fastest growth and rapid change. New software and techniques come out every month and professionals have to keep pace with the rapid advancements. Introduction with the advent of PC, the information technology industry has undergone a quantum change. The software revolution has totally changed the way of living. The department provides various software courses to the students of all branches. Students are exposed to latest commercial software in database management systems, case tools, integrated development environments, compiler, web server, etc. the department has well-qualified faculty members who are specialized in areas like Artificial Intelligence, Programming Languages, Internet, DBMS, Programming, Software Engineering and Multimedia Applications. Free access to computer laboratories and high speed internet is provided to students so that they can understand and use the globalization of computers.
The department offers Graduate degree course. The department provides various software courses to the students of all branches. Students are exposed to latest commercial software in database management systems, case tools, integrated development environments, compiler, web server, etc. the department has well-qualified faculty members who are specialized in areas like Artificial Intelligence, Programming Languages, Internet, DBMS, Programming, Software Engineering and Multimedia Applications. Free access to computer laboratories and high speed internet is provided to students so that they can understand and use the globalization of computers.
- UG Program –B.E. (Bachelor of Engineering)
- Four Year B. E. Course
- Year of starting - 2018
- Sanctioned intake -60
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
1. Preparation: To prepare students for successful careers in the software industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies or to excel in Higher studies.
2. Core Competence: To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for software design and development.
3. Breadth: To inculcate in students professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
4. Professionalism: To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and computer engineering fundamentals required to solve engineering problems and also pursue higher studies.
5. Learning environment:To promote student with an academic environment aware of excellence, leadership, written ethical codes and guidelines and the life-long learning needed for a successful professional career.
Program Outcomes (PO)
1. Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
2. Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
3.Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
4. Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
5. Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
6.The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
7.Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and the need for sustainable development.
8. Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
9. Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
11. Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
12. Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
1. Foundation of Computer System Development: Ability to use knowledge of computer systems and design principles in building the hardware and software components, products in the domain of embedded system, artificial intelligence, databases, networking, web technology and mobile computing.
2.Problem Solving Ability: Ability to apply knowledge in various problem domains and implement innovative and suitable solutions to cater to needs of industry, business and e-governance by imbibing highest ethical and economical values.
Key laboratories in the department are –
- Database Management Systems Lab.
- Software Project management Lab.
- Object Oriented Technology Lab.
- Operating Systems Lab.
- Data Structure Lab.
- Network Security & Administration
- Digital Signal Processing Lab.
- Communication Lab.
- Hardware Lab.
- Linux Lab.
- Project Lab.
|Name in Full||Designation||Contact No|
|Prof.Mayur S. Burange||Head of the Department -CSEemail@example.com|
Donec suscipit rhoncus est, vitae pretium purus laoreet et. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Sed iaculis risus felis, sit amet porta urna volutpat vel. Integer vestibulum, neque a condimentum fermentum, est nunc tincidunt nunc, eget sagittis turpis elit nec arcu. Curabitur tempus mauris vitae dignissim vehicula. Fusce vehicula malesuada aliquam.