Applied Science is a bridge that connects pure science with engineering practices. Its aims to provide a strong foundation for students of engineering and is one of the indispensable department of the institute. Chemistry and Biology, along with advanced engineering materials, professional Ethics, Humanities, Environmental Awareness and Entrepreneurship Development are taught at the undergraduate level. The department has well-equipped laboratories which enable faculty and students to employ fundamental principles to create innovative new technologies. These novel solutions are then handed off to engineering disciplines to be refined, enhanced and used to address important problems; guidance and counseling session are also provided to the students by the faculty of psychology in the department.
Applied Science is a strong foundation for students of engineering and is one of the indispensable departments of the institute. Chemistry and Biology, along with advanced engineering materials, professional Ethics, Humanities, Environmental Awareness and Entrepreneurship Development are taught at the undergraduate level. The department has well-equipped laboratories which enable faculty and students to employ fundamental principles to create innovative new technologies.
1. Engineering Chemistry
2. Engineering Physics
3. Computer programming
4. Engineering Drawing
5. Electrical Engineering
7. Engineering Mathematics
8. Engineering Mechanics
9. Language Lab.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
1. To prepare students for successful careers in industry that meet the needs of Indian and multinational companies.
2. To develop the ability among students to synthesize data and technical concepts for application to product design.
3. To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
4. To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical, scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for graduate studies.
5. To promote student awareness of the life-long learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
Program Outcomes (PO)
1. Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
2. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data, and report results.
3. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design a mechanical system or a thermal system or a process that meets desired specifications and requirements.
4. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function on engineering and science laboratory teams, as well as on multidisciplinary design teams.
5. Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems.
6. Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
7. Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
8. Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and societal contexts.
9. Graduates should be capable of self-education and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning.
10. Graduates will be broadly educated and will have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
11. Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipment to analyze mechanical engineering problems.
Key laboratories in the department are –
- Engineering Chemistry Lab.
- Engineering Physics Lab.
- Engineering Mechanics Lab.
- Engineering Drawing
- Electrical Engineering
- Beginners Computer Lab.
- Language (Communication Skill) Lab.
|Name in Full||Designation||Contact No|
|Dr. Nilima A. Kalambe||FYBE -Coordinatorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
Donec suscipit rhoncus est, vitae pretium purus laoreet et. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus. Sed iaculis risus felis, sit amet porta urna volutpat vel. Integer vestibulum, neque a condimentum fermentum, est nunc tincidunt nunc, eget sagittis turpis elit nec arcu. Curabitur tempus mauris vitae dignissim vehicula. Fusce vehicula malesuada aliquam.